It’s way past the new year, but I guess it’s never too late to make some goals for the year. I felt a little guilty that I missed last year so I figured it would be even more awful if I missed this year as well. I’m gosh darn awful at completing my new year’s resolutions, but it’s nice to look back to see where I wanted to be and how far I still need to go.
Here’s a little reflection on 2016’s resolutions (hella late, I know).
- I ended up going to Canada’s Wonderland as a pre-graduation thing; that was a lot of fun – bunch of places I still have yet to go in Toronto, but hopefully I’ll have time to go sometime while I’m still in Ontario
- I got real close to Masters in LoL in 2016…(decayed out of my promotion games) – not sure that this year will be the year, but maybe?
- 10 posts/month was the goal…who am I kidding?
- I did enjoy learning again! In some courses. Obviously not in the one that made me miserable.
- I didn’t have a super productive summer in 2016, but I did do well on my MCAT retake so that was kind of worth it.
- & lastly, I got into med school. So it seems that I’m not a total failure at keeping resolutions.
Alright. So, 2018, what have we got in store for you?
- Learn enough Korean to survive your exchange in July. [I really hope this works out…]
- 5 posts/month. This is totally reasonable. Please. [As an aside, I’d love to do some clinically-related writing…it’d be interesting to blog about my experiences]
- Pass all my exams in pre-clerkship.
- Find a reviewing system that works for me. [Most likely cheatsheets. Maybe flashcards? Oh, and a question bank.]
- Learn to knit something new. [& maybe crochet??]
- Go back and visit friends a few times.
- Write and actually send a letter to my mom [Instead of throwing it in the recycling, never to be seen again. Why am I like this?]
- Become a healthier person [This is terribly vague, but essentially just nutrition, exercise, skincare, & mental health. Maybe make-up from S Korea so I can be prettier? That’d be nice for my self esteem…]
This list seems achievable, so I’ll leave it at that before I start to add things that might not be so simple to achieve. I finally feel ready for you now, 2018. It’s about time. 🙂