I often make New Year’s Resolutions, but I find that I very rarely act upon them. In order to make 2015 a year of change and self-improvement, I am going make solid goals, develop plans to actually reach these goals, and continue tracking my progress over the year. Hopefully, that will give me incentive to post more (and develop myself mentally through reflection).
1. Get A’s in at least 4 of my 6 courses in the Winter Term. 4 of them are Psychology courses so there are no excuses. NOTE: not A-‘s. Those don’t look as nice.
2. Improve in my 3rd year.
- Any improvement from 1st/2nd year is acceptable.
3. Do well on the MCAT.
May – get study guides, educate self on the new 2015 format. May/June – make cheatsheets/studysheets July – do practice MCAT questions August – ensure you’ve properly studied by trying “mock exams”
UPDATE: new schedule
4. Meet up with a Professor/faculty member that is doing research that interests me. email after doing proper research*** 5. Make at least one new friend in each of your classes. in other words, don’t sit alone.
UPDATE – I have friends in 3/5 classes. 🙂
UPDATE 2 – ***
6. Run for Treasurer for the CSU ***
- go to at least 1 ASSU meeting this year (learn what it’s all about)
- get involved as much as possible this year
Health and Fitness Goals
1. Start going to the gym.
- You’re paying those damn athletic fees anyway
- Once a week/once every other week.
2. Attend as many intramural ultimate games as possible.
- Studying/sleeping in are not excuses. Only miss if working/volunteering, etc.
UPDATE: Missed one ):
3. Make a recipe book.
- Learn/make 50 recipes by the end of the year.
- Organize into Breakfast, Snacks, Meals, and Desserts
1. Visit the places you’ve always been meaning to go. [to be expanded as more places come up]
- the ROM
- the Art Gallery
- Canada’s Wonderland
- the Science Centre
- Skating at Nathan Philips Square
2. Do NaNoWriMo
- IF you are not overloaded in November
- At least aim for 10k words.
3. Get to Masters on LoL.
- Not a solid resolution since there is heavy lag
- It’s okay if you don’t make this goal.
4. Make at least 10 posts a month.
- you’re never going to mature and grow and actively work on your goals if you don’t reflect on what you’re doing
- journaling is good for you
- do it