The Versatile Blogger Award
The Rules are:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
So first of all, thank you so much sorealtonight for the award. She’s a very talented writer who’s been through a lot in her life, so please give her your support too.
EDIT: Thank you to friskymittens for the second nomination. She has wonderful and personal blog that’s simply stunning.
7 Things About Myself
1. I first discovered poetry in the third grade and really got myself into it. It was a new medium to deal with my anxieties and worries at the time. A lot was happening around that time and it was nice to have a way to express how I was feeling. At the same time…the poetry I wrote back then was pretty bad. Still, we grow over time. I just happened to use poetry to do it.
2. I still sleep with my teddy bear. It’s nice not to feel so alone at night. Don’t judge me.
3. I have participated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) every year since 2007. It’s a lot of fun and you should check it out next November if you haven’t already. Writing 50,000 words in a month. And enjoy doing it. I’ve succeeded twice. It’s actually harder than you think considering you always have other things going on at the same time.
4. I space out a lot. I try not to do it as often as I used to, but sometimes it’s hard to control. When I suddenly stop listening or zone out, it’s not because I’m trying to be rude, but because some sort of idea or thought has me hooked. I like to develop those ideas in my head…for quite a while.
5. I play the piano in addition to a little bit of the violin, the guitar, the recorder, and the harmonica. I’m horrible at playing a harmonica…though my uncle has tried to teach me. Music is another outlet to my feelings and emotions that overwhelm me on a day to day basis. I absolutely hate practicing classical pieces over and over in order to prepare me for my exam, but I like hearing the sound of music and creating it with my own fingers. I can’t sing though. I like to sing, but I really can’t. Don’t ask me to. You’ll cover your ears in agony.
6. I’m a gamer, geek, otaku, nerd, bookworm, AND proud of being all those things. I like being a little dorky at times and even if that calls for a little laugh at me, I wouldn’t change it for anything. Gaming and reading are two things that keep my depression in check. Despite what people might think, I hate being alone. I hate it. When I am alone, I have to suffocate myself in thoughts or with some sort of activity.
7. I’m only sixteen. I should admit that now before anyone continues with their misconception of me. I’m sixteen, but I’m not a rebellious teenager with just too much angst. I’m not the typical high school student who just blogs for attention. I’m here to deal with my own personal problems and it means a lot to have every single one of my readers and followers here supporting me. Sometimes I just feel older than my friends around me. It’s weird, but it’s just something else I have to deal with. I’ve been exposed to many things in my life and have had to deal with things that someone my age shouldn’t really have to deal with. I know that sounds silly – I mean, what could a sixteen year old possibly have going on that’s more traumatizing than what adults go through? Well, bear with me. I’m living with my life and you’re living with yours. If you need a helping hand, I’ll gladly lend you mine. I’m just asking for your hand when I need it too.
15 nominations…that’s going to be difficult.
1. Epiphany Art – Amazing poet and writer. He’s an amazing supporter and I really can’t thank him enough for the support.
2. Go Jenzy! – The most supporting blogger ever and she’s been through a lot herself. I can’t even being to describe how amazing she’s been over the past month.
3. Grandfathersky – He always offers me such humble advice and I can’t thank him enough for that.
4. Scribblinghermit – An avid poet. I really love reading his works.
5. Kweschn! – Amazing blogger and a really nice person. Honestly, you’ll love his blog.
6. Thisbeatingheart – She has such strong faith and I can’t help being influenced by her.
7. Thoughtsanctum – Kind of bias here, but he’s such a great friend. I love his thoughts.
8. Thebardonthehill – It’s impossible not to like his blog. I swear. It’s heaven for anyone who loves poetry.
9. Paperback Writer – She’s still new, but I love her blog oh so much.
10. Beneath Snow, Leaf, and Soil – Darwin’s poetry is inspiring. It’s touching. I love it so much.
11. Kiwsparks – I love her blog! Her thoughts are definitely worth reading and every piece is like a bit of her own life.
12. Halfway Between the Gutter – She deals with depression in the most inspiring way. I take a lot out of her posts.
Uck. Can’t think of any more nominations at the moment, so I’ll have to cheat and just nominate 12 right now. I think a lot of them have already received the award before, but they’re definitely amazing enough to receive it again.
Merry Christmas, everyone. <3